Monday, October 15, 2007

First Impressionss Of The New Perth Railway Tunnel


Went down to the Esplanade station and looked around before continuing through to Perth underground and then to Leederville before coming straight back.

First impressions. Ugly, Grey, stuffy, the walk from Perth underground to Perth station is way to far, not enough escalators and the line between Perth underground an Leederville is so noisy that children were covering their ears.

Did I mention ugly? Your eyes thank you when you come up into Perth station after walking under Wellington Street.

I'm not happy that my city has to live with this eyesore, even if it is buried under the ground!

3 comments:

Random said...

Should I be concerned that I saw the photo and didn't think of it as particularly heinous?

Rob Kidman said...

Yeah, it looks kinda nice.

And believe me, us Brits should know what's a good looking station and what isn't! Holloway Tube's the pits!

Random said...

We do have some alright ones mind you. Though if you look at some of the Russian stations those are very impressive.