Friday, October 22, 2010

Peek Social Media - An Idea

How many social media sites can survive in a flooded market? There is no easy answer for this. Markets evolve and change, people age and grow. Remember when you listened to the radio station aimed at the kids while cursing out the station aimed at the over 30s. How long was it before you realised you had long since tuned to the long hated station because it was playing all the songs you loved from your teen station? Will social media exhibit the same trends?


I want to look into these trends in a future Geek Life, for now I'm just amazed at how many social media sites I fill my day with. No matter how many sites I use, I am only touching the surface of all the endless sharing possibilities! I like to think Im a hardcore social media junky, but I'm really just a casual observer.

A short list of my casual observing, some you can find links for at the side of the screen.
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Dailybooth
  • Flickr
  • Formspring
  • Foursquare
  • Tumblr
  • Blogger
  • Tweetphoto
  • Twitpic
  • Youtube
  • Yahoo Groups
  • Group Spaces
  • Smashwords
  • Photobucket
  • Shazam
  • Skype
  • gmail

No comments: