Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Great Moments In Music #2

Massive Attack

Massive Attack came along during a time when I couldn't afford CD's. To get around this I would tape Rage (an all night music show in Australia) on video then the next day I would transfer the songs I liked to a cassette so I could listen to it in my room.

My four favourite bands from that time are Oasis, Blur, Portishead and Massive Attack. I'm sure that if I go through my old tape box if would be full of great Rage gems. Now that I have grown up and have money to buy whatever I want I have bought Blur, Portishead and Massive Attack. I no longer think Oasis is very good.

I have picked what must be the best two Massive Attack hits to share today, Protection and Tear drop. I have watched Protection countless times but when I was younger I hated the 58 second lag between the start of the video and the start of the music. Teardrop is a little freaky. If you haven't seen the Tear drop video before it is worth the five minutes.

Protection


Tear Drop

No comments: