Saturday, April 21, 2007

Great Moments In Music #3

Tiffany

Who didn't crush on Tiffany Darwish back in '87! For me she was the older hot girl. Even though she was only 16 at the time she was an older woman to me.

Looking back at the 'I Think Were Alone Now' video sure does bring back memories but it's more cringe worthy now. The horrid dancing, big hair and bad video editing make it a four and a half minute comedy act. Parodys such as How I Met Your Mother's Robin Sparkles can't even live up to the cringe value.

Tiffany's debut album, amazingly called Tiffany, sold over eight million albums but like most other teenage acts her two follow ups failed to reach the same heights with her third album only selling around 200 000 copies.

In 2000 at the age of 29 Tiffany put herself out there again to forge a career as an adult. Her album was a success with the critics all giving it rave reviews.

I couldn't mention Tiffany without mentioning her Playboy pics. If your interested you can find them here. I know I was interested to see the '80's girl of my dreams and I wasn't disappointed.

Tiffany now earns a living as an entertainer and is doing well with another album out very very soon. She is also active in reality television circles.

Tiffany's Official Site


I Think Were Alone Now


'80's Parody Robin Sparkles

1 comment:

Rob Kidman said...

Yeah, I really can't talk - me luv Tiffany!

It's a classic slice of pop; as too the video and her dance moves. Sure it sounds very 80's now, but it still has the same feel as it did back then.

A note worthy mention goes to the some of the rather dire hair styles on display.