Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Polling

The election is finally over and all there is left is the final counting. Unless there is a big surge of support from the remaining booths I will not have gained ground over the last result for the Greens in Armadale. If the trend continues to the end I will finish fourth behind the Christian Democratic Party. The party that claims that I am morally corrupt.




The divide between the have and have nots of politics are most apparent on election day, the major parties choosing to blanket each polling place with slogans and pictures of middle age try hards who are no smarter then Mr Joe Average while the Greens place one sign at each booth.


Where's the Green?

I spent the day traveling to most of the polling places that had Greens volunteers. I would like to thank each and every one of them for coming out, some for the whole day, and giving a great contribution to the Greens, to democracy and to the push for a safer, tolerant and a more harmonious society.

I will make sure to post the final primary results as soon as I see them.

No comments: