Saturday, July 17, 2004

The Trip

Well I made the trip. I left at 7.30am and arrived in Perth at about half past three.
Ofcourse this all happened two weeks ago but finding a computer that was able to post was impossible.

With only myself and my trusty car to keep me company I set out across country in search of a new life, leaving a stormy Esperance behind.


My stormy past


The road was long and not even the trees would come out to say hello. Could it be that years of farming has used the salt to scare the trees away?


Hello.........trees, cars, anyone?


Eventually I made it half way, Lake Grace. I even got the proof!


O.K So its just over half way. Give me a break. There is nothing at the half way mark.


With only 348 km to go nothing had happened. The hills rolled by, the CD player blared and the sheep trucks smelt! Just out of Lake Grace I found this sign I thought my wife would like to see.


Optical Fibre Cable in the middle of no where but not in our street!


I didn't stop in Dumbleyung but I thought about it. It seems that the locals wanted to talk to me anyway......


The locals about 10 km out of Dumbleyung



'Off Duty' Acting Seargent of Dumbleyung. His parents must be so proud. Here he is giving me a $100 ticket and one demerit point.


Finally I made it...well sort of. Just over seven hours after I left Esperance and only 20 minutes left in my trip I found my first set of traffic lights and their red!


An equally stormy Perth


Eight hours later I had made it. My wife and daughter were still in Esperance but I was too be re-united with them a week later when they FLEW up to Perth Via Skywest.

For the next week I stayed with my parents in their home. Here is my mum and brother, welcoming me as I start counting down intill I can excape their house!


The Welcoming party!


I'll leave you with A picture of my trusty red car. After all It did all the work.


I can't believe it made it. Let alone a speeding ticket!










No comments: