Tuesday, June 29, 2004

FUXTEL DIGITAL

Téa and I got Foxtel Digital as soon as we were able to because we were excited about the extra features thatweren'tt available on the original Foxtel service.

Foxtel Digital boasts extra channels, Sports Active, News Active as well as a Box Office pay as you use service.

Too use the Box Office feature you mush have a phone line near the television because every so often the set top box reports back and tells Foxtel what I have watched and bills you appropriately.

The Foxtel installer puts in an extra phone line near the T.V as a part of the Digitalinstallationn, all costs are covered by the fee you pay to upgrade.

My installer (Scott) did a fantastic job. Hes now installed Foxtel in two of my homes and did a great job with both installations. His extra phone line works great. I have plugged my home phone into the extention and had no problems.

For some reason Foxtel don't agree. My set top box is connected but it wont ring through. I can hardly see why this is my or Scott's fault but Foxtel said that "Scott has stuffed up and lied to me about my connection." I'm sorry Foxtel, the connection works fine this end!

A phone call with Foxtel brought no joy and they told me that I would have to wait a week or so for either Scott or a Foxtel representative to get in touch with me. I waited and waited, almost 8 weeks beforereceivingg any word.

Correspondents arrived in a form of a letter addresses to my wife. I scroll though the formalities to find this,

"At the time of installation the technician was unable to connect the FOXTEL Set Top Unit to a fixed phone line at your address."'

Well that establishes that they still haven't looked at the problem in my home. Worse is yet to come. They take this time to tell me about DIGIPATH(trademark),

"DIGIPATH allows you to connect the FOXTEL Digital Set Top Unit with your fixed phone line using wireless technology"

"DIGIPATH is available today for only $69.95, which will provide access to enhanced features such as FOXTEL Box Office. DIGIPATH remains the property of FOXTEL."

$69.95 to fix something that isn't my problem? $69.95 to buy something that isn't mine?

FOXTEL if I didn't know better I would say you are trying to rip me off on purpose. You left calling me back so you could get me to buy one of your DIGIPATH units! You avoid the real problem with my connection (which must be a problem on your end) to upsell me!

Australia, pay T.V. has you by the balls!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree totally.