Thursday, June 03, 2004

Will Smith is back

'I, Robot', a story by Isaac Asimov is making its way to the big screen thanks to Fox. I can't help but think that Fox was hoping to cash in on the success of 'The Matrix'. (If only they could have predicted how poorly 'The Matrix' would end up doing before shooting of 'I, Robot' began). It will be out in Australia on the 22nd of July this year, a week after its North America release. It looks good enough. Besides, I can rarely pass up the chance to see the Fresh Prince do his thing.

2 comments:

Sponky said...

The problem i have with this movie, is it seems to be only paying lip service to the 3 laws of robotics that Asimov came up with. In the "I, Robot" book, each short story deals with with unfoseen consequences of those laws, without actually breaking them.

It looks to me, from the trailer, they have just gone with the robots have decided to destroy man concept. which has been done many many times before, and has no place in the asimov universe.

Stoopid filmakers.

Sponky said...

me, obviously.